A Warrant of Fitness (WoF) is a periodic safety inspection of your vehicle that is mandatory for cars, trucks, vans and all light vehicles in New Zealand. It is your responsibility to ensure your vehicle is in warrant able condition at all times.
During your WoF inspection, the following will be checked:
- Tyre condition and tread depth
- Brake function
- Structural condition (rust isn't allowed in certain areas of the body)
- Windows, including windshield
- Windscreen washers and wipers
- Safety belts (must be in good condition, buckles must function properly)
- Airbags (if fitted)
- Speedometer (must be functioning)
- Steering and suspension
- Exhaust (no leaks and the exhaust can’t be too noisy or too smokey)
- Fuel network (no leaks).
Once your vehicle succeeds in achieving its Warrant of Fitness, it is your job to keep it in the condition that it was in when it passed.
Legally, to operate your vehicle on public New Zealand roads, you must have your car inspected for a WoF and keep it at the WoF standard in between WoF inspections. At Autoland, North Shore mechanic we can help you keep your vehicle roadworthy.
Since 1 January 2014, all vehicles first registered on or after 1 January 2004 are now on annual WoF inspections for the lifetime of the vehicle.
If you’re looking for a mechanic on the North Shore to perform your WoF or WoF repairs, get in touch with these car service Auckland specialists.
You will find Autoland, the North Shore mechanic, is particularly convenient if you live or work around the following areas:
Mairangi bay, Sunnynook, Sunset North, Meadowood, Wairau Park, Rothesay Bay, Pinehill, Campbells Bay, Forest Hill, Murrays Bay and Rosedale.